Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Olisa Metuh resigns as PDP Publicity Secretary

National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, would turn in his resignation letter before the commencement of the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting on Thursday.

Metuh, who confirmed his resignation to reporters in his PDP secretariat office on Wednesday, said other officials affected by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) report will also resign.

He stated: “I want to inform you that I am resigning as the National Publicity Secretary with effect from Thursday, June 20, 2013.


“This resignation is in the overall interest of the party and is being done to put a final stop to the controversy generated by the INEC report on the mode of my election as National Publicity Secretary. I have served this party as a member of the National Executive Committee for over 10 years and therefore my interest is to ensure that this party stabilises. I have written and submitted my letter.” 

Metuh said he took the decision after several meetings and consultations with the various stakeholders in the party, particularly those from the Southeast geopolitical zone.

Asked if he will re-contest the position in a mid-term convention slated for July 15, Metuh said he will take a decision after consultation with his family and leaders of the party in the Southeast zone.
“I will go back to them and seek their opinion. The decision is for the PDP leaders in my zone to take. I will continue to do my best in whatever capacity I find myself in the near future,” he stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment